Art Lessons


    I am  offering art lessons in my studio. If you are someone who has always wanted to learn to draw and paint , would like help in your current work or are a student putting a portfolio together I offer small groups of three or one on one lessons in the fundamentals and practice of drawing in charcoal and oil painting.
   We work in my studio and I draw on over 30 years of working as a professional artist to help you realize your desire to create art. My teaching style is supportive and enthusiastic, I look for your strengths and offer what I have learned to help you keep moving forward. It is truly exhilarating  and rewarding to see success in capturing your vision of the world in charcoal or paint and join the rich tradition of artists and their fascinating methods.
  Pictured above at the top I am working one on one with a student painting a copy of Monet's Poppies. Copying masterworks allows us to learn about the colour choices, brushwork, composition and much more in this time honoured method of learning. This is a high school student looking to improve his portfolio.
  Pictured in the centre are students painting landscapes from my samples or their own pictures. They learn the elements of landscape painting like perspective, values and edges.
From start to finish what it takes to create a successful landscape.
   Bottom a student is working in charcoal. Drawing is essential to realistic painting and need not be intimidating. We study methods of drawing accurately and constructing form with light. Anyone can learn to draw and paint all you need is the desire and enthusiasm.
   Please feel free to contact me for more details by e-mail at brunelle@amtelecom.net or phone 519-765-2683 and see my website at www.paulbrunelle.com

Comments