Three stages of a charcoal drawing



    I thought it might be of interest to show these stages of my drawing of these sheep. From here it may be developed into an oil painting as well. Doing a drawing like this is ,for me,observing ,drawing and as you go adjusting and correcting as all of the elements relate to one another and the whole. Sometimes I like the constructive part of the process that is seen in the first two pictures even better than the finished drawing because of the thrill of trying to understand the subject as a dimensional object in space with it's perspective and volume expressed only in line. If I can get this looking right the finished sheep with all of it's wool should look right.
    If you are interested in having a go at this and would like to take some classes with me in my studio please contact me anytime.

Comments